You are here
Further your career with The Bank of Glen Burnie! Join our family of experienced bankers and community members to see why we were voted one of The Baltimore Sun's Top Work Places in 2014.
Directs the activities of a branch under her/his administrative authority through coordination, interpretation, and communication of programs, policies, and procedures as directed by branch administrator. Assures that the bank in general, and the branch in particular, are recognized by customers and the general public as providing superior personal, people-oriented service to depositors that is essentially free from errors and delays.
- Determines personnel requirements and makes recommendations to the branch administrator; guides and develops subordinates, reviews performance appraisals, makes salary increase recommendations, and resolves personnel problems.
- Represents the bank in the community and participates in local community affairs as an expression of the civic interest of the bank.
- Promotes and maintains bank goodwill in all business and personal contacts with the public.
- Extends credit within lending authority to individuals or businesses. Develops necessary information to determine customers’ requirements and the best type of loans. Obtains and analyzes all necessary personal and financial data, determines credit standing, and makes the loan decision within established policy or refers the customer to higher authority for approval.
- Must be able to qualify and register as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS).
- Participates in business development call program to promote existing and/or new business, as well as to ensure that continuing effort is made to keep customers and the public informed of the bank’s services. Prepares and submits reports as required.
- Complies with bank operational policies and procedures and the regulations and requirements of supervisory agencies in order to minimize liability to the bank and maximize service to customers. Reports irregularities to the branch administrator.
- Attends to the needs of customers and prospective customers. Recommends, explains, and opens new accounts for customers; signs such items as certified or cashier’s checks; guarantees signatures; and authorizes the cashing of non-routine checks and the cashing of checks in excess of other branch personnel’s authority.
- Maintains prescribed security controls to protect the office against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Through the branch administrator, implements all new service programs initiated by the bank in a manner consistent with the operational plans of the branch.
- Schedules staff meetings to inform and communicate policies and procedures to respective personnel as informed through the branch administrator.
- Performs all Risk Rating duties.
- Process and oversee VIE functions.
- Acts as signatory for the Bank on official checks; performs Notary and Medallion guarantee work.
- Performs other duties and carries out other responsibilities assigned by the branch administrator.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of branch operations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and direct the activities of others.
- Experience in the extension of credit.
- Ability to deal with customers and the public in general to promote goodwill and acquire new business.
- Good knowledge of banking and bank services.
Part Time Teller Linthicum: Must be available to work Wednesday and Thursday 8:30 am -3:00 pm, Friday 3:45 pm – 7:15 pm, Saturday 8:30 am -12:30 pm and any additional time required by management.Minimum 6 months retail cash handling and/or customer service experience required. Teller experience a plus.
We offer an excellent benefits package & competitive salary. Interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirement to email@example.com or fax to 410-553-8535.
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates with Disabilities:
The Bank of Glen Burnie® is an equal opportunity employer. If a candidate with a disability requires accommodation to participate in the pre-employment process (i.e. interview, completing the application process or other pre-employment activities) the candidate should leave a voice mail at 410-768-8855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.