THE BANK OF GLEN BURNIE SPONSORS NORTHERN ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE’S 33RD ANNUAL COMMUNITY SAFETY AWARDS
Glen Burnie, MD (September 25, 2018) – The Bank of Glen Burnie was honored to serve as the Presenting Sponsor of the Northern Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce’s (NAACCC) 33rd Annual Community Safety Awards held on Thursday, September 20th at Michaels Eighth Avenue in Glen Burnie.
This annual event recognizes the selfless dedication and outstanding performance of those who safeguard our community. John D. Long, President and CEO of The Bank of Glen Burnie, had the honor of presenting the awards to these local heroes who consistently go above and beyond the call of duty in their service and outstanding contributions to public safety.
The opportunity to present an award to John F. Long, Jr., a valued Bank of Glen Burnie customer, was one of the many highlights of the evening. Mr. Long was recognized for his service to the Anne Arundel County Volunteer Fire Department. He has been a volunteer firefighter in Anne Arundel County for almost 43 years and currently serves as an active Firefighter/EMT and President of the Ferndale Volunteer Fire Company. He is also the leader of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department’s Chaplain Corps and currently holds the office of Chaplain for the Anne Arundel County Volunteer Firefighters Association. Congratulations to Mr. Long and all of the honorees.
# # #
The Bank of Glen Burnie® is a safe, sound, community-oriented locally owned bank, committed to excellence in satisfying the needs of our customers, shareholders and employees. Founded in 1949, The Bank of Glen Burnie serves the Anne Arundel County, Maryland community with eight branches. Visit www.BofGB.com (link is external) for more information.
Contact: Janet Kim, Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Email: JKim@bogb.net (link sends e-mail)
Past Bank of Glen Burnie Press Releases:
- 09-28-2017 In Memory of F. William Kuethe, Jr.
- 04-27-2017 The Bank of Glen Burnie Sponsors Rotary Club of Glen Burnie’s Service Above Self Community Awards Dinner
- 08-06-2015 A Big Community Week for The Bank of Glen Burnie
- 07-01-2015 The Bank of Glen Burnie Continues To Support Arundel House of Hope with Campaign in July
- 06-02-2015 The Bank of Glen Burnie Supports Arundel House of Hope with New Campaign
- 04-27-2015 The Bank of Glen Burnie Joins ‘Teach Children to Save’ Campaign
- 03-24-2015 THE BANK OF GLEN BURNIE HIRES MICHAEL THIBAULT AS VICE PRESIDENT
- 02-03-2015: THE BANK OF GLEN BURNIE PROMOTES ROXANNE STROUD TO VICE PRESIDENT