IN MEMORY OF F. WILLIAM KUETHE, JR.
Glen Burnie, MD (September 28, 2017) – It is with great sadness and regret that we announce our well-esteemed and respected President Emeritus, F. William Kuethe, Jr. (Bill), passed away on September 24, 2017, after a brief illness.
Bill leaves a lasting impact on both the employees and the culture of The Bank of Glen Burnie, and played an important role in the success of the Bank through the years. His leadership and contributions to The Bank of Glen Burnie span decades, having served as a Bank Director since 1960. Later in his career, Bill served as President and Chief Executive Officer of The Bank of Glen Burnie from 1995 until 2007. He served as President Emeritus of Glen Burnie Bancorp from January 2008 until his passing. A pillar in the community, Bill was deeply committed to serving Glen Burnie, and met all he encountered with an infectious smile that will be missed greatly. We honor both his memory and his service to not only our Bank, but our community. We extend our heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the Kuethe family and know that his influence carries on within our organization through the values and work ethic Bill exemplified.
No memorial service or visitation will be held, but charitable donations can be made in memory of Mr. Kuethe to Kuethe Library, P. O. Box 218, Glen Burnie, MD 21060.
# # #
The Bank of Glen Burnie® is a safe, sound, community-oriented locally owned bank, committed to excellence in satisfying the needs of our customers, shareholders and employees. Founded in 1949, The Bank of Glen Burnie serves the Anne Arundel County, Maryland community with eight branches. Visit www.BofGB.com (link is external) for more information.
Contact: Janet Kim, Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Email: JKim@bogb.net (link sends e-mail)
Past Bank of Glen Burnie Press Releases:
- 04-27-2017 The Bank of Glen Burnie Sponsors Rotary Club of Glen Burnie’s Service Above Self Community Awards Dinner
- 08-06-2015 A Big Community Week for The Bank of Glen Burnie
- 07-01-2015 The Bank of Glen Burnie Continues To Support Arundel House of Hope with Campaign in July
- 06-02-2015 The Bank of Glen Burnie Supports Arundel House of Hope with New Campaign
- 04-27-2015 The Bank of Glen Burnie Joins ‘Teach Children to Save’ Campaign
- 03-24-2015 THE BANK OF GLEN BURNIE HIRES MICHAEL THIBAULT AS VICE PRESIDENT
- 02-03-2015: THE BANK OF GLEN BURNIE PROMOTES ROXANNE STROUD TO VICE PRESIDENT