Enjoy the convenience of mobile check deposits.
Mobile Deposit is Now Available at The Bank of Glen Burnie for Retail/Consumer Accounts
Making a deposit with our Personal Mobile Banking App is quick and secure. Simply use your Android or iPhone mobile device to deposit funds to your checking, savings, or money market savings account by taking a picture of a check. Save time and avoid a trip to the branch by making deposits from home or other remote locations.
Follow these easy steps to start using Mobile Deposit today:
- Endorse the check you want to deposit. On the back of the check, include your signature and “For Mobile Deposit Only to BOGB, Account #______.” This endorsement is required for all mobile deposits.
- Login to your BOGB Personal Mobile Banking App.
- Select “Deposit” from the home screen, and then select “Deposit a Check.“
- Choose the account to make your deposit.
- Enter the deposit amount and ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Take a photo of the front and back of your check. Be sure to take the photos against a background with strong contrast. Be sure the entire check is visible and in focus.
- Review and confirm your deposit is correct and submit.
- Monitor the status of your deposit by tapping “Check Deposit History” within the Mobile Deposit menu in the App. The system will indicate whether the deposit has been accepted, rejected, or is pending. If the item is rejected, you will also receive an email detailing the reason the item was rejected.
After submitting the check image and confirming your receipt of the funds, securely store your check for at least 60 days after transmission. After 60 days (and no later than 90 days) you must safely destroy the check. You must not resubmit the check and/or redeposit the check.
In order to use Mobile Deposit, you must enroll in Personal Online Banking and download our Personal Mobile Banking App. You must have an Apple or Android device with a working camera.
Tips for Using Mobile Deposit
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile device.
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on a solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- Make sure there are no shadows across the check.
- Make sure all four corners are visible.
- Make sure the check is not blurry.
- Make sure the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
Frequently Asked Questions